Textron Aviation Defense LLCAbout Us
About Textron Aviation Defense LLC
Textron Aviation Defense LLC, part of the Textron family of companies, designs, builds and supports versatile and globally renowned aircraft, including the T-6 trainer and AT-6 light attack military aircraft. Its highly skilled employees are focused on continuously improving the company’s products and services which are sold to governments worldwide. In business since 1932, it has delivered more than 14,500 aircraft to armed forces around the world. During WWII alone, the company produced more than 7,000 aircraft for allied forces. Since that time period, Beechcraft has supported the United States and its partner nations with the iconic aircraft and variants like the Beech Model 18 light bomber, T-44 and T-34 trainers, and T-1A jet trainer currently in use alongside our class-leading T-6C and AT-6 aircraft.
- 2.5 million fleet-wide hours flown
- Over 10,000 hours flown on multiple individual T-6 aircraft
- Delivered 900 T-6 aircraft since 1998
- T-6 – The T-6 is the only trainer for the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy’s Joint Primary Aircraft Training System. It is also in use by the Hellenic Air Force of Greece, the NATO Flying Training in Canada program, the Iraqi Air Force, the Israeli Air Force, the Royal Moroccan Air Force, the Mexican Air Force and Navy, and the New Zealand Defence Force. Our next-generation military trainer – the Beechcraft T-6B/C with 95 percent commonality with the T-6A Texan II – has upgraded avionics and head-up display for basic to advanced training.
- AT-6 – The AT-6 draws its heritage from the Beechcraft T-6 A/B Texan trainer. Designed to provide close air support and meet the demands of irregular warfare environments, the AT-6 is outfitted with a more powerful engine, a variety of self-protection mechanisms, multiple secure communication functions and advanced surveillance and reconnaissance capabilities.